Wednesday, April 2, 2008

You know your soldier is deployed when....

1. You sleep with your cell phone on your pillow.
2. You use an entire bottle of his cologne so you can smell him around you.
3. You get nervous every time the phone rings or there is a knock at the door.
4. The shoes he left in the middle of the floor are oddly comforting.
5. The postal clerk knows you by name!
6. You buy beef jerky every time you go to the store.
7. You check your e-mails every 5 min even in the middle of the night.
8. You have enough priority boxes, packing tape and customs forms for his entire unit.
9. You have a ton of friends with deployed soldiers that you have never even met because they are all online.
10. You dont just tie a yellow ribbon around a tree outside, you tie one around your heart.


I found this online tonight and it pretty much sums up my life right now. I love being an Army wife, but there are times that it gets a little tough. Pretty much all of these things apply. Especially the one about all the boxes. I have about 50 of them stashed under my bed as we speak! lol And I also buy beef jerky every time I go to the store! It must be a writen code or something. Buy Beef Jerky! lol They need to add another one though. Every time you hear a military song on the radio you cry, but oddly cant seem to listen to it enough! This is true for me anyways. My favorite song right now is Sleeping With the Telephone by Reba and Faith Hill. Wonderful song. I love to listen to it. Although there are days I have to skip it on the cd. Some days I listen to it over and over while I bawl my eyes out driving down the road! lol Its my therapy I guess! lol

1 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, great list. Works for a wife of a Marine too! The shoes on the floor totally gets me. I remember last time Zach, deployed when I came home after that bright and early drop off their on the floor were Zach's shoes. I just cried and cried b/c I knew he wouldn't be in those shoes for 7 months. I left them there and it took me months to finally put them away. Always sleeping with the phone. I was never really w/o it. It just becomes like your third arm. I too had a ton of the boxes. I supplied them for our entire family. I had a shirt of his that had his cologne smell on it, and I smelled it until the scent was gone. For me is wasn't if the phone rang, it was when it didn't that I got scared. There is nothing like being a wife of a deployed military man. Your heart hurts so much sometimes, but then there is the rush you get from a phone call or an IM.

You do a great job with the girls, and you are w/o David so much longer that I am w/o Zach. I think if you can get through things like this then you have a strong relationship, and you can get through anything. Tell David we think about him, and hope he stays safe!