Monday, April 7, 2008

The Girls!

I thought I would sit down and do a brag blog!! Just to let everyone know all the new things the girls are doing. We will start with Constance. Lets see..... She is learning to count to 20 right now. She can count to twelve prefect but gets a little mixed up in the teens at the moment. She know all her alphabet and can recognize most of the letters when I hold one up and ask her what it is. We are working on writing the letters. Right now I have her tracing them. She is still unsteady but getting better. Yesterday she was counting and i heard her count backwards from 6 to one. All by herself!! This one shocked me! I didnt know she could do that. She has also learned how to imitate cookie monster on Seasame Street! lol She does a really good job at it too although it gets a little messy! Her new word for today is Dude! lol. Ivy layed on her and she said "Dude, get off!" lol She cracks me up. On the 28th we go up to the preschool to get her registered. This is going to be an emotional day for me!

Ok, on to Ivy Jewel! She is really starting to talk now. She is alot quieter than her sister so it took her a little longer to realize she can make words too! lol Right now her words she uses include: Woah!, Weeee...., Day-day(daddy), Der is(there it is), Der(there), Woof, watch, eat, and sometimes she says mama. She has really been starting to pick up on this lately. She has also learned to brush her teeth by herself. Its so cute. She still needs a little help but shes got the concept down. A big one for us right now is when they color she has stopped eating the crayons and actually colors her paper! lol. We are going to make a big sign for David when he gets home. I got a white queen size sheet and some paints and I think after I get the words on I will have them help me decorate it. I think I am going to make star stamps out of potatoes and have them stamp those on it. I may do thier hand prints on it as well. We will see.

Well that is all the updates I have for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cherish each day with the girls, they'll be grown up before your ready for them to be. I'm talking from experience.

Amy said...

They are getting so big. Jack, seemed kind of slow with his talking too, but now he knows around 13 words. He loves to brush his teeth! I bought him a little toothbrush, and I give it to him in his high chair after each meal. The dentist said to go ahead and do that because even if they are just chewing it, it does help to clean his mouth.