Tuesday, February 17, 2009

sick girls, cont.

What a day! Yesterday the girls seemed to be getting much better. They were playing and able to keep some food down, so I thought we were done with this tummy bug they had. Turns out they werent. Last night was a long night of throwing up and me cleaning up kids and beds. Fun stuff!! This morning we got up and they just wanted to lay on the couch. They layed there for like two hours taking turns getting sick, so I called David and had him come home so we could take them to the ER. After about and hour and a half wait we were taken to a room then had to wait another hour and a half til the doctor came in. At that point I was the only one in the room awake!! lol I wanted to sleep too, but the way Ivy was laying on me I couldnt move! So anyways, the doc came in and checked out constance and she did really good. Then he moved on to Ivy. She was so scared. She cried the whole time! After 30 more minutes waiting they came in with some medicine to help with the nausea. I was glad cause they were miserable. It seemed to help almost right away. then they got popsicles which made them much happier! Then we proceded to the pharmacy which was almost an hour wait! It made for a long day, but at least we got something to help them get better. They seem pretty tired now. They slept most of the time we were there, which really told me that they felt terrible. they never sleep like that! Now that we are home they seem to be more comfortable and feeling better. Hopefully tonight goes alot smoother and they can get the sleep they need to get better.

2 comments:

The Cox Family said...

what a stressful day for you -- i always thought they should have a special er for kids -- so you don't have to wait so long

hope they are feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope they are doing much better today and that you got some rest as well!