Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moms Meeting

Tonight was our monthly moms meeting at church. A bunch of us moms get together and talk about mom stuff!! Its alot of fun, and a nice break to just sit and listen and talk with other women. Tonight we had a guest speaker, who has eight children! That's alot, don't know if I could undertake that many kids. Anyways, she has alot of experience. How could you not with that many kids!! I really enjoyed listening to her speak. She spoke mostly about being a "significant woman". This is something I want to strive to be. She said that most "significant" people don't really know that they are significant, but they try to do things for other people to help them in their lives. She was mostly applying this to raising children. One thing that she talked about was how if we want to be significant women, we have to do some uncomfortable things sometimes. Like, instead of just throwing a movie on, or distracting our kids from doing somethings negative, we need to sit them down and reprimand them instead. It may not feel convenient at the time, but it is our duty as mothers. I am defiantly bad a taking the easy route at times, but I want to work on disciplining better. This will only come out better for us all in the end if I take the time to try and do it right now.

Anyways, that's just what I took away from the meeting tonight among with some other things. I am going to miss going to these meetings as this was my last one before we move. That's sad, but I have taken alot from them that I can apply in our home with our little girls, who by the way are growing up entirely too fast on me here!!!!

0 comments: