Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th


Well as you all know today is September 11th. This day has become so important to our country, as it should be. Every year I always think about the Allen Jackson song "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning". Such a powerful song. I remember exactly where I was. I was in my Algebra II class when my teacher came in the room and turned the tv on. Then we all sat and watched it the whole class time. The sad part was there was a girl in my class whos mom was in New York on a business trip. She was supposed to be at the World Trade Center that day. She was so scared for her mom. I cant even imagine what she must have been going through. At the end of class though, her dad got a message to her and it said her mom was fine, that she ended up not going that day. She just cried and cried. What happened that day has changed so many lives. The soldiers in Afaganistan are still fighting for the people who lost thier lives that day. I think we need to remember them today as well. It was a sad day when those planes crashed into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and the one in Pennsylvania, and I know I will never forget it.

1 comments:

The Cox Family said...

I'm so glad you dedicated a posting to 9/11. I was working in the Bass Pro Corporate offices at the time of the attack. Everyone was clustered around radios and down in the cafeteria. Then the administration sent an email telling folks to get back to work, and then we had a meeting to discuss what we needed to make sure we had plenty of in stock for folks to buy while they were paniced such as guns and ammo. I decided then that corporate America wasn't for me -- and went back to the university! Thank you for this post.