Thursday, December 27, 2007

I miss him


I am missing David so much right now. He found out that he will most likely be home for leave in July. Thats seven months from now. SEVEN! It just seems like so far away. It just gets hard sometimes, and lonely. We are planning on going to Disney World when he does come home, and just get away just the four of us. That will be so nice and I know we will all have a blast. I just wish it were sooner that we could see him again. He does dangerous work over there and I get very scared when I dont hear from him for a day or two. When I get the e-mails notifying us of casualties in the regiment my heart skips a beat. I get so sad for what those families are going through, and then pray to God that it never has to happen to us. I just want him to be home with me and the girls and not have to worry about this war anymore. 15 months seems like a lifetime right now. It just doesnt seem fair sometimes, but I know this is his job and I am very proud of him for being strong for us and for this country. I just feel sometimes like I want to curl up in a ball and cry, but then again I need to be strong for the girls and especially for him. He needs to know that we are ok here, so that he can get home safe. It gets kinda confusing sometimes. Well that was really emotional! lol. Ok well I am done venting now. Just needed to get that out.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sorry that you are missing David. I know there is really nothing that can be said that will help you feel better. I do hope the time goes fast for you. I'm sure as it gets closer to him coming home you will wonder where all that time went. You are right it isn't fair, I can't imagine 15 months apart, and with two little ones to take care of. You are a brave woman, and I know you know ALL of this is making you stronger. Don't worry about venting, I hope it made you feel a little better, and do take time to cry when you need to. It is hard, but I think everything happens for a reason. Try to enjoy your time in Mo with your family. Much love to all of you!

The Cox Family said...

My heart goes out to you. I know how hard it is to raise two little ones -- let alone with your husband in another country. I'm glad you can vent in your blog -- expressing your feelings has to help, even if just a little bit. Remember that you have the Vote woman in you -- that's the part that makes you strong willed and will get you through this! :) Please let me know if there is anything I can do. And I can't wait until summer to see your Disney pics -- what an awesome vacation!