Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My baby is going to be One!!

Ivy's first birthday is in three days, and I couldnt be more excited. She has grown so much, and she and her sister could not love each other more. They do have thier moments when they get mad at each other but more than often they just play so well together. I love watching them playing and giggling together. I am also kinda sad though, as we have decided not to have anymore children. This is the last of the baby stage we will ever have, but I love thinking to the future and wondering what they will be like as they grow older.

Last night we started a new sleep routine to try to get them both to sleep better. I have not been getting much myself. Ivy would wake up about 3 to 4 times a night, and then they would both be up at 5:30 every morning. For anyone who knows me, I am so not a morning person so its a little hard for me to get up that early. Anyways, I moved Constances bed to my room so Ivy could have the room to herself. It went perfect last night. Ivy didnt wake up once. I think I have figured out why she was not sleeping good though. Constance talks in her sleep, snores, and just moves around all night. Hmmmm... That sounds like her father. lol. Ivy wakes up very easily, so I think that may be why she was waking so much. Hopefully this is a fix to that. Constance did pretty good last night too. She was a little confused when I put her to bed last night and it took her a while to get to sleep. She slept good though, but was up at 5:30. With her in my room though I can make her lay back down. She didnt like it but she did go back to sleep and is still sleeping actually. Im so happy, we all slept good and that is a step in the right direction!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It is very exciting about Ivy's birthday! Are you doing a theme party or anything? Glad to hear maybe you've found a sleep solution. Hopefully, it will keep working!

The Cox Family said...

Sleep is precious. Glad you found a solution. I tried putting the boys together in their room, but Zane was up teething so much that it was just a disruption to Tristan, so he's back in our room in the cradle for now.

I hope you have a wonderful party on Saturday. Your mom was telling me about the luau plans for Constance's bday -- very fun!

Ronda said...

I can't believe it was a year ago on December 21st that I held her for the first time. She was so beautiful. Just as pretty as her big sister, Constance was. She is growing up to be a beauty and so fun. I love watching her personality emerge. And watching her and her sister communicate and play together. I love hearing them laughing as they are chasing each other up the hallway. I hope they are best friends for their entire lives.

Love them both so much!

Grandma Ronda (or as Constance calls me "Tam-ma")